Is ridgid a good drill?

Favorite Answer

As far as drills go, Ridgid is okay but not great. A Ridgid drill is good for the average homeowner that only needs to use it occasionally. Both the corded and cordless drills are underpowered and lack significant torque to qualify as good tools for a contractor or anyone who uses power tools on a regular basis. If you want a tool that will last, you should consider Milwaukee, DeWalt, or Makita.

Source(s): Master Electrician

Wow you can most often get numerous different solutions. Just idea i would give you my opinion. I've used close to every company except for the Makita. A different person wrote already and said they have been excellent tools so I consider them and i have heard good matters about them. I used DeWalt instruments for years and adored them. Very tough and can stand as much as close to the whole lot...Besides the batteries do not appear to final so long as others. I used to be available in the market for the equal set a couple months in the past. I had heard various good things about inflexible and i purchased a suite. The set was just a bit less expensive than DeWalt. I've used them tough for the final three months and i am not pleased with them. I in reality wrote to the corporation and instructed them of some of the design flaws. To their credit they answered me a we exchanged a number of emails. The instruments are difficult, however the battery design I feel is horrible. My batteries are rough to get on and off the instruments and will commonly jam which drives me crazy. The sunshine on the influence drill comes on because the drill begins to show, which makes the light vain as you cannot get a bit onto a screw as it is turning. The blade on my sawzall will quite often come out whilst i am utilizing it difficult. Now not definite why but it's annoying. These could also be isolated and that i dont know if anybody else has had these issues with rigid or not...Just my opinion. I do just like the longevity of the tools and the power, as well because the charging procedure. Simply wanted to offer you my opinion. Let me be aware of in case you have any questions.

Ridgid is a very top quality drill. They (Ridgid Tool Co.) have been around for a hundred years at least.

The tools more people relate with Ridgid are things like Pipe Cutters, Pipe Wrenches, Tubing Cutters, Pipe Dies and Professional Drain Electric Snakes.

Ridgid stands behind their tools 100 percent and when you hear the name Ridgid, you know they are top quality products. Your drill will probably last longer than you do!

No, I don't work there, I just know top quality Tools.

Source(s): Thirty Five Years Hardware/Tools/Paint Store Manager

no

it did not stand up to a 30 kilowatt laser after just 2 milliseconds it ran away or something i dont know exactly what but it wasn't there when i checked on it

but the worst part is i didn't even get my money back

Source(s): nuff' said

I have 2 of them and they're both great.

Yes don't get corded ones.