Drinking alcohol after taking vicodin?

My friend is planning on taking 3 vicodin before our prom tonight and then drinking about 5 hours after taking the vicodin, obviously it isn't safe but can anything really bad happen?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • dooopo
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Probably nothing will. I was on it for broken bones and always got drunk. The reason it's not the safest idea is because Vicodin depresses your respiratory system meaning your relaxed so you breath slower and less often. Alcohol also does the same so both combined makes that affect worse so how people die from it is they literally forget to breath and suffocate to death but normally in there sleep also known as sleep apnea. It's pretty much safe but that's the worst case. Back when i mixed the 2 I some times would wait till i sobered up a little before going to bed because i would notice how slow i was breathing from feeling so relaxed. Both are also hard on the liver so combined are extra hard but I never heard of it causing sudden liver damage or failure.

• 7 years ago

vicodin puts you to sleep. Alcohol makes you vomit you do the math

• 7 years ago

Nah, i pop 3 vikes a day plus a 6 pack of tall boys... Im in a frat so im used to it, it soudns like this guy would get a bid

• 7 years ago

NO, NO, NO these two things should not be combined!! People have died doing this

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.