promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 7 years ago

will 3D printing increase gun availability?

alright the new 3D printer is a new piece of technoligy which can make a user download blue prints on the internet for nearly any tool u can also edit the schematics using cad software. u then put nylon building material into the printer and within hours you get a fully functioned tool that can fufill the same porpouse as the orginal tool. when i heared this i thought it sounded great and was gonna mark a huge engineering era. and yet another era for the computor ageas and by next decade everyone will have a 3D printer in thier home as the prices drop and it becomes more mainstream.however the 3D printer is already tackling alot of ethical issues already as certin ppl are using this great technoligy to print guns and weapons this is worrying that now anyone will just be able to make thier own guns in thier own homes plus thier will be no records of the gun user as they dident purchase it from a shop or a site plus it will be cheaper just to print the gun instead of buying one. gun control has just been recentaly a heated topic after newtown and arora and its only untill last year that action was taken against guns. luckly most gun blue prints have been banned but there are still black market sites out there. which will increase gun availability.its a ashame to see such great technoligy which was supposed to help ppl become more interactive with engineering technoligy and machines but instead ppl will print guns and sex toys lol. but i guess thier is pros and cons to all technoligy.whats ur take in the whole 3D printing and gun control topic.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

People have ben making home made guns for years, look up Zip Guns - cheaper and probably safer.

• thinkingblade
      Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

Well, the government acts irrationally about firearms all the time. Plus, at the moment, you don't hear about the people shot with zip guns, because it's not really serving the political interest. Black market guns are pretty common, that Mexican border isn't just for blow and people smuggling.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

With a base cost of between $1500 and $2000 plus the price of cartridges to make a very poor quality hand gun I would suggest probably not.

• 4 years ago

Attractive 3D Animation Software - http://3dAnimationCartoons.com/?sjzC

• 7 years ago

THey already have.. a single shot pistol has been made.. it was on the radio the other week..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Hamish
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Have you seen anybody fire these "printed guns"?

They break if you even attempt it....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.