Hey Dook asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 8 years ago

What is the scientific credibility of the Heartland Institute?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I find it funny that denialists claim that climatologists like James Hansen and Michael Mann are in it for the money when the Heartland Institute can make them instant billionaires. And don't insult my intelligence by claiming that the Heartland Institute is cash starved. What costs more? Ferraris for a few former tobacco company scientists, or satellites and thousands of weather stations? The oil industry has enough money that if the Heartland Institute asked for lore money to pay off James Hansen and Michael Mann, they would get it.

• 4 years ago

i locate it humorous that denialists declare that climatologists like James Hansen and Michael Mann are in it for the money whilst the Heartland Institute can cause them to instant billionaires. and don't insult my intelligence via claiming that the Heartland Institute is money starved. What expenditures greater? Ferraris for some former tobacco business enterprise scientists, or satellites and hundreds of climate stations? The oil industry has sufficient money that if the Heartland Institute asked for lore money to pay off James Hansen and Michael Mann, they could get it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Minimal at best, as they are primarily driven by ideology. They have never been shy about how they spend money to undermine Global warming science by publicity campaigns, but rarely mention any alternative scientific hypotheses or theories

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.