nachoman asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

How do I gain muscle properly?

Alright I'm 5'4 I weigh 120. I'm not fat nor chubby. I'm no super skinny so im like average lol. Anyway, I run a lot. I play basketball about 5 days a week usually for about 3 hours. Will this amount of cardio hinder my chances of gaining muscle? Ive been lifting weights for that past 3 weeks. I feel stronger, but I want to look stronger to. I now try to eat 4 meals a day. I eat morning, lunch, dinner, and at midnight. I occasionally have carbonated drinks atleast twice a week. I usually eat spaghetti, frozen burritos that have protein. I eat lots of fruits too. Whats the bets plan to gain muscle properly and efficiently? Please and thank you.

Best Answer

Eating like that you'll gain fat not muscle. I suggest eating between 1200 to 1600 calories a day doing the same amount of cardio and alot of bench presses and squats. That's what I've been doing and it really works also ab crunches will make you look good. Give you the 6 pack abs.

Source(s): Experience.
  • Grace

Build Ripped Muscle Fast

youre going to want to get about 20 grams of protein with each meal. try using a protein powder

go to the gym 5 days a week

do pyramid sets. set it up so you can only manage 12 reps.

then increase weight so you can only get to 6

then increase again so you can only to 1 to 3

this tells your body "hey, you cant lift this stuff. you need to put on muscle to survive. "

take so L-Argnine. STAY AWAY FROM TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS.

theyll cause gynecomastia in guys under 23. you dont want breasts when you graduate.

it will take a month or two before your body finally decides to start putting on weight. keep at it.

Source(s): i was skinny

I just founded this video a few moments ago. I think you'll find it helpful as well. It's 45 seconds long, and it explains what foods you should eat as well as how long you should workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm--ECeo6MU

Youtube thumbnail