Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 years ago

Good Sci-Fi/Fantasy/High fantasy books for intermediate english reader?

Hi. I'm studying English and I like to read a lot. Then I want some recommendation of sci-fi/Fantasy book for the intermediate English reader. Just to have an idea of my English level, I can read articles, like Wikipedia and blogs about different subjects, and news on the internet. I need a kind of simple English book. I don't need a book with very simple English, but a book with not too complex English! Sorry for the mistakes. If I made some mistake here, please correct me, it is very important to me.

Favorite Answer

There are lots of great Sci-fi/Fantasy out there. If you are looking for just some fun books to read, with not too much depth, then the Xanth fantasy series by Piers Anthony are fun and easy to read (Actually, most of his books would fit well, you could try the Apprentice Adept series for some good combination sci-fi and fantasy).

I was always a fan of the many Star Wars books. The New Jedi Order books were a great series and appeal to many ages without being terribly difficult to read.

The Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffery is also good, though the language can be a bit more complex at times too.

Good luck and enjoy!