Why do cons use science to try and discredit science?

I see it all the time... cons talk about how "earth has gone through warming and cooling before, and the earth is millions of years old.."... but who exactly found that information out? who told you the earth has gone through warming and cooling? oh, that's right scientists... but now... show more I see it all the time... cons talk about how "earth has gone through warming and cooling before, and the earth is millions of years old.."...

but who exactly found that information out? who told you the earth has gone through warming and cooling?

oh, that's right scientists...

but now those same scientists are lying when they say that these current warming and cooling trends seem to be outside of the normal trends for the earth, based on those very same studies that proved the natural warming and cooling in the first place?

in other words... why do you believe what they say only part of the time? if scientists are such an untrustworthy bunch... then couldn't it all be lies?
Update: scientists do it WITH NEW SCIENCE... yes...

but you're not doing studies... you're just bring up old scientific ideas and acting like it proves something..
Update 2: Taylor... 30k out of millions?

how many of those are actually climate or geological scientists?

that's the study that also let's the grade school science teacher give their opinion on it, right? lol
Update 3: Mellisa me, yes, I'm an ignorant fool for not using your semantics on the topic... great call there...

I was clearly referring to new studies being done.. but hey... let's look for an excuse to drag this into name calling, right?
Update 4: global cooling was never a mass accepted idea but a fringe theory... you can pretend it wasn't to try and make a sad point... but that would really be a lie... speaking of "trying harder"... and "looking like a fool"... if you think all science is wrong... or most of it... then OK...... show more global cooling was never a mass accepted idea but a fringe theory... you can pretend it wasn't to try and make a sad point... but that would really be a lie...

speaking of "trying harder"... and "looking like a fool"...

if you think all science is wrong... or most of it... then OK... that's fine... but don't then try and use it to disprove it... just run back to your Bible for your facts...
Update 5: Welcome to America now go home: I didn't say that science always got it right... but we've had how many peer-reviewed studies on this topic? most of your other theories were disproven quite quickly when other scientists started looking at them (or they were so old that it barely falls under the same... show more Welcome to America now go home: I didn't say that science always got it right... but we've had how many peer-reviewed studies on this topic?

most of your other theories were disproven quite quickly when other scientists started looking at them (or they were so old that it barely falls under the same situation as modern science, things have changed a lot and the accuracy has increased a lot)