What do you think about my Music Taste?

These are popping up everywhere so I thought, What the heck, me too.

I listen to:

Psychadellic Rock: Cream, Jimi Hendrix

Rock: Creedance Clearwater Revival, Kinks, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Steve Miller Band, The Doors, The Who, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Roots Rock: Dire Straits, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Allman Brothers Band

Progressive Rock: Asia, Kansas, Pink Floyd (Fave), Rush (Fave), Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Emerson, Lake Palmer, Jethro Tull, Toto, Uriah Heap

Hard Rock: Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Bon Jovi, Boston, Deep Purple (Fave), Guns n' Roses, Led Zeppelin (Fave), Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rainbow, Scorpions, Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, The Angels, Rose Tatoo, Whitesnake, Bad Company, Foghat, Styx, Foreigner, Molly Hatchet, Montrose, Blue Cheer,

Metal: Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Dio, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kiss, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Riot (power), Alice Cooper,

And the NWOBHM movement: Diamond Head, Raven, Praying Mantis, Quartz, Saxon etc.

Power Metal: Blind Guardian, Helloween, Black Majesty, Holy Knights, Iced Earth

New Wave: The Police, The Cars

Alternative: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, U2, Devo

Melodic Rock: Journey, Queen

Artists: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Barnes, Phillip Collin, Rod Stewart, Billy Idol, Rory Gallagher, Elton John

Folk: Bob Dylan, John Deaver, Don Mclean, George Micheal, Micheal Bolton

Please Humour me

; )

Not really into punk, just a handful of Ramones and Sex Pistol songs

Favorite Answer

I think you have great taste overall. Outside of U2,George Michael,Michael Bolton,Bon Jovi, and John Denver I pretty much like all the arist you mentioned.

Nice to see Uriah Heep,Thin Lizzy,King Crimson,Blue Oyster Cult,Rainbow,Rose Tatoo, and Helloween get some love. I wish more people liked this great artist

Some of those are great!

Here are some of the bands I love!

Def Leppard!! Number one band ever! The song Hysteria is phenomenal. There is also Photograph, Animal, Women, Stand Up Kick Love Into Motion and Love Bites

Whitesnake - The Deeper the Love is amazing

Vixen - I would recommend Only a Heartbeat Away and How Much Love

Heart - Favorites are These Dreams, Never, What About Love, and Nothing At All

Poison - Unskinny Bop, Fallen Angel, Your Momma Don't Dance, Something to Believe In

Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name, Shot Through the Heart

Cheap Trick - Mighty Wings and Surrender

Pat Benatar - We Belong, Invincible, Love is a Battlefield, Shadows of the Night

Journey - Don't Stop Believing, Separate Ways, Ask the Lonely, Separate Ways

John Parr - Man in Motion

Winger - Miles Away, Seventeen

Europe - The Final Countdown, Carrie, Cherokee

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

Autograph - Turn Up The Radio

Acdc - Thunderstruck, Money Talks, You Shook Me All Night Long

Lita Ford - Shot of Poison, Kiss Me Deadly

White Lion - Little Fighter

Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane

Cinderella - Shake Me, Don't Know What You Got Till Its Gone, Nobody's Fool

A ha - Take On Me

Men At Work - Down Under, Who Can It Be Now

Bryan Adams - Summer of 69, Heaven

Slaughter - Desperately, Fly to the Angels

Queen - Under Pressure, Radio GaGa, I Want To Break Free, We Are The Champions, We Will Rock You, Somebody To Love, Another One Bites The Dust

Sounds great that you're so open to the older bands, but don't limit yourself. You mentioned a lot of bands that were extremely popular - and we all know that the most popular bands are definitely knowwhere near the best. (I mean Bon Jovi & Foreigner hard rock? Really? sure, they had some good songs, but nahhhh)

Keep looking into those 70's bands. One I highly recommend and that was hugely influential to later rock n roll is Cheap Trick. Their first 3 albums are masterpeices - and their live album went triple platinum. They had a few other great albums, but after that they were kind of hit and miss - besides a few great songs on pretty much every album.

Bonn Scott era AC/DC and UFO are two other great bands of the late 70's you might wanna try out.

If you think George Michael and Michael Bolton are folk singers, you think U2 is "alternative", you think Billy Idol is some kind of "artist", you think Fleetwood Mac is "roots rock", and you think Toto is progressive rock, then I have to admit that I don't think very much of your musical taste at all.

Not to mention, just about everyone you named hasn't made a good album in well over 30 years, if ever.

Mine: All varieties of rock from the 60's by using now apart from u . s . a . rock. I additionally delight in some previous-college rap, yet none of this west coast stuff. My well-liked is 80's Hair metallic and section Rock. My mom's: some oldies, yet she's no longer as into it as she grew to become into whilst it grew to become into unquestionably regularly occurring. My dad's: some classic Rock and a few Blue Grass No sisters First brother: a number of the fairly massive classic Rock songs, yet generally extra moderen metallic bands, west fee Rap, and selection rock. 2d brother: slightly of rock from distinctive genres. many times despite the fact that i'm itemizing to.

awesome choice of music i would recommend you checked out a few more prog rock bands like camel and caravan as they are quite similar to genesis and jethro tull, im out of my depth with the metal (i think you already know as you answered my question on why its so loved)

but yes i think i listen to about a third of this stuff so yes your music appeals to me very much and you have good taste in my opinion

• I really like it. Not alot of people listen to meaningful music anymore. I love your metal choices and hard rock choices. My dad went to school with the ( present ) bassist, Chuck Garric. We love Van Halen

EDIT:

There are some good bands out their. There is on call The Cramps that I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TR6QuOj-Gw

Youtube thumbnail

7 seconds too :) I'm not going to bombard you with music but yeah check them out

Source(s): A rare young child who has good music taste. You're not into punk?

Who cares what people think? It's what you like. It's nothing anyone has a right to rate

Your music taste is rad.

But honestly you shouldn't care what people think.

love it. wide variety mainly classic stuff nothing wrong with that