Fiance cheated again? Please help!?

Just a quick synopsis of our relationship: We "met" as infants when my Mom used to do daycare and subsequently grew up together, practically attached at the hip. His Mom passed away when he was 6, and he lived with us for 4 years. Although, we never had a relationship I'd describe as brother-sister...... show more Just a quick synopsis of our relationship: We "met" as infants when my Mom used to do daycare and subsequently grew up together, practically attached at the hip. His Mom passed away when he was 6, and he lived with us for 4 years. Although, we never had a relationship I'd describe as brother-sister... it had always been "best friend ever" type deal. Eventually his elusive father came back and he moved in with him. We remained equally as close after that because his father became abusive and he spent a LOT of time at my house, we were always there for each other emotionally.

We started officially dating in high school, and it was an ideal situation, we were each others first for everything. He became addicted to cocaine at one point, and I helped him through his addiction.. attending every 12 steps group along his side and etc... Otherwise, everything went without any complaints. High school sweethearts, in every sense possible.

We went to university together for first year and everything was as great as always. However, we're attending different universities now so we've been going through a temporary long distance phase.

During Christmas time last year he proposed to me stating that I was "the only girl for him" and that all the miles meant nothing because of the depth of what we have. Our entire lives we've basically been inseparable. Of course I said "Yes!" to the proposal, and everything has been fantastic.. or at least I was under that impression.

We try to see each other every few weeks, and in between we Skype for a couple of hours a day, usually until one of us falls asleep on webcam. Essentially, we do all that we can to maintain our relationship despite having to be apart. Recently, I picked up a second job in order to pay for living expenses and it put a bit of a strain on our relationship. When we were on Skype a month ago he told me he went to a party the night, and whilst intoxicated slept with another girl. When I asked him if it meant anything he said no, and he repeatedly apologized. However, when I asked him if it would happen again... he said it wouldn't. So I took him back with open arms.

Then yesterday we went to see a hockey game LIVE together whilst he was visiting and he broke the news to me that he'd cheated again with a different girl two weeks ago. He says his libido is too high for the distance and alcohol accentuates the problem. He begged me not to break up with him. But I'm unsure if he's actually sincere now or not.

We've been in a committed relationship for 9 years, and together for as long as I can remember. I know it sounds cliche, but I don't even know how to live without him... we've always done everything as one. The reason he gave for cheating initially is because even though he's emotionally in love with me, he needs the physical aspect of sex to release stress from having to study so much. Which I found an outrageous excuse to even try and justify his actions. He asked me to forgive him, and he said he still wants nothing more than to marry me. But how do I know if I'll ever be able to trust him again? One 26er and a little stress.. and I'm just supposed to let him sleep around and be okay with it? What do you guys think I should do? Give him another chance? End it? Maybe he's just going through a phase and needs his space, I can do that... but I can't just go from a monogamous relationship to whatever he seems to want to do now. Thoughts?