Danny asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

Why is The Great Gatsby still important till this very day!?

Can someone tell me why The Great Gatsby is still important till this day in a PARAGRAPH!

PARAGRAPH PLEASE!

Favorite Answer

Great Gatsby is all about greed and what effect it has on people. It's still important because greed is now and always going to one of the main sources of grief in the world.

He is still important to this day because he had a strong determination but lost sight of reality. His will to get what he desired is both what made him great and the cause of his downfall. In the end his father discusses how with nick how he is proud of Gatsby for being able to plan a routine and stick to it. Gatsby wants a to have a girl from his past. The fact that he is determined to get her is a good quality. She is married though and he does illegal activities just so he can afford an expensive house next to her. He is so blinded by his goal that he does not even realize that it is too late. I would say that it is still relevant today because everyone should have dreams and pursue them but one also must know when to stop and find new dreams to pursue.

I read this book for my high school class earlier this year this is just my opinion but I hope it helps.

the Great Gatsby retains it's importance to this day because it is a historical allegory about Theodore Roosevelt's attempt to regain the Presidency in 1912 by defeating the man who now posessed the object of his desire, William Howard Taft, and the man who would destroy Roosevelt's nascent hopes; Woodrow Wilson. The references to Roosevelt abound in this novel: The name Roosevelt itself is used for a fictional port seen twice in the novel, and there are repeated references to Gatsby/Roosevelt's distinctive smile. This makes the novel an unrecognized historical artifact about one of the most admired politicians in American history.

A great study in the concept of greed.. as in todays world.. the haves and have nots.