Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 years ago

Why does Google Play music manager not upload my entire large mp3 music library?

I have 11,419 .mp3s in my music library (verified by a ".mp3" search and by Media Monkey which I use to organize my library), but the Google Play Music Manager only uploads 11,392. That leaves 27 .mp3s that aren't getting upload for some reason.

They limit the amount to 20,000 and I have far less than that, and I checked my largest (100 MB hour long comedy acts) and smallest files and they're accounted for. There are no errors uploading and I had reset the watch folder already (which forced Play manager to rescan the library), but it found no new files there. Most of the songs were ripped from my CDs to .mp3 format years ago, and the last few years I've only purchased good quality .mp3s from Amazon (not the iTunes proprietary crap) so it shouldn't be a file format issue...

Is there anyway to tell which songs are not getting uploaded? And if I can find which ones that it is skipping, how do I get Google Play to upload them?

Favorite Answer

Job to say whats wrong with the files that it wont upload... 27 is not that much and I'm sure you wont miss them... indeed, if you cant see the ones that are missing then you probably don't even play them....

In the event you don't like Phil Collins songs possibly you mustn't take heed to top forty radio. What stations do they play your songs on? When you've got more than one hits, albums, live performance tours with a rock team or as a solo artist, then that you could come again to Y/A & speak about your success but in the interim, change the station & give up bellyaching over minor BS