A la Letterman, what are the top ten qualities needed to become a British royal?
A la Letterman means with humour. So far (6 answers) nobody understood the question. Please try again... with your second account :-)
Example: To be a royal your conscience must be able to accept the fact that foreign taxpayers (some too poor to travel) pay for your outrageous travel expenses.
- 7 years agoFavorite Answer
10. Descent from George V of the United Kingdom or marriage to an individual who descends from Elizabeth II's grandfather. Anyone who is a more distant relative isn't considered a "Royal";
9. Anglican or else willing to convert to the Church of England;
8. Socializes with Royals (see Wallace Warfield Simpson);
7. Knows which fork to use at state dinners;
6, Especially fond of horses or able to put up with an aristocratic horsey set;
5. Willingness to tolerate corgis;
4. Speaks Received Pronunciation English or a similar upper-crust dialect;
3. Ability to lift a shovel and cut tape for tree planting and building opening ceremonies;
2. Has perfected the Royal wave;
1. Can withstand the constant scrutiny of both the media and the Royal family.
Admittedly, numbers 9 and 10 aren't remotely humorous, but the list starts with a few facts.
- Lord LucanLv 77 years ago
A most interesting question, dear Ubald. One shall endeavour to give ones best Tony Blackburn impression as one runs down the Top Ten!
6. Jolly good manners
5. A sense of fair play
4. A sense of regal duty
1. Bally good luck at being born into wealth and riches beyond ones wildest dreams!
- 7 years ago
To be a British royal, you must be the child of a past or present monarch, the male line grandchildren of a past or present monarch, or be a child of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. If you are female, you may marry such an individual and take on royal status. The monarch may also confer royal status to an individual, but this is usually reserved for the husbands of Queens Regnant, such as HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.
- SIR ROY. .K.GLv 77 years ago
To have a fine grasp of things "British",you only have to listen to some of "Jim Royal's" protestations to know this ,his knowledge of "Beverley Macca's" habits is second to none,and the advice he gets from his mentor "Twiggie "is formidable
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous7 years ago
There is only one quality needed - and that is to have the right parents.
- Anonymous7 years ago