Is there any proof of Soul ?

where does Soul go after death ?

Best Answer

I am an agno-myst

and i believe,

the soul of the being is actually the energy of consciousness of the being,

so the only proof of soul

is the consciousness through which one perceives the outside universe.

After death it leaves the physical realm

and migrates to the higher realms of universal existence

that corresponds to the consciousness level of the being.

The soul stays there for sometime

before it descends to reincarnate again in the physical realm.

This cycle of birth and death continues unless and until

the soul achieves the ultimate freedom or nirvana.

Source(s): self and the universe.
  • John67

Soul Train

In Islam, we respect the peace of a soul, which is why we read Quran all year as much as possible for the death anniversary when number of "paras"(Quran is divided into 30 books) are to offered by an "Hafiz" to that loved one's soul.

This is so that soul gets peace and is remembered, if on these auspicious days when souls are released to visit their houses but no one does any ritual, the souls leaves wailing and upset.

It is called "Khatam" my parents and relatives always do it every Thurday, very simple ritual, my dad does "wudu" (pronounced wuzu) to be paak(clean) then my mum makes a delicious dish, put fruit, water, dish on the table and my dad reads du'a over. That food then must not be wasted.

It is just a way of doing it properly.

Food: Maybe it is like "Prashad" (sweets) that hindus eat at the end of Puja or bread on Sunday community service.

I think this is something very important and just great to do with respect, if we really care or love our passed ones. Word to describe will be that- it is "meaningful" to do.

Source(s): "Hazrat Abdullah ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) has stated: "On the Days of Eid, the 10th of Muharram, the first Friday of Rajab, on Shab-e-baraat (15th Sha'ban) and on Thursday nights, the souls of the deceased are left free to go to their homes, wherein they go and ask for Sadaqa and Khayraat. If they do not receive any Du'a or Fateha, then they return to their graves saddened and disappointed and they say, 'O Allah! They have deprived us, You deprive them".
  • Mr. G

We dont have physical proof, no. There was a guy who actually weighted dying people and their corpse to see if souls had a weight. The experiment did show that body mass declining in some cases, but then again, in others, the weight of the corpse rose again after declining. Kind of an interesting idea, but then again, its pretty hard to make a controlled experiment with that.

Music is one proof of soul ,St. John the Divine in the book of Revelation discloses music exists in the world to come .

Well, there was Aretha Franklin Queen of Soul (Google her if you've never heard of her). Had to make the joke, sorry. No proof of a soul.

• Lexi

If you consider the words of religious folk who were possibly hallucinating or dreaming and were told they had a near-death experience "proof", then yes.

If you have the same definition of proof as the rest of us, then not really, no.

soul basically means the ability to discover a higher power within ones self. animals have souls to, they self search and help a lot. they can get depressed and commit suicide as well as build their own societies like humans can. pretty much what I find different is humans need more things than animals do. animals don't need to do so many things, so they don't bother evolving into highly intelligent things. but apparently humans had to, I guess that's why we cook and don't eat raw meat

• /

Well.....There's soul food and soul music and my chihuahua gets that soulful look in his eyes :=0

ezekiel 18.4,20 the soul who sins will die.

translators / interpreters / churches are in error - we are souls.

death will be permanent if Messiah does not resurrect us - john 5.28-29 / ezekiel 37