Is the hunger games based on a true story?

Being a panemaniac, I get asked this a lot... So, I simply need you to save the sanity of every other fan out there and tell the non-panemaniacs the truth, so yeah

~Mrs Woof The Divergent Llama

from facebook's 'Shut up, finnick isn't dead it was a typing error.

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. This actually happened shortly after the Pilgrims came to America. They took over the land and forced the Native Americans to participate in the Hunger Games. The reason why Pocahontas is so famous is because she was the winner of the first Hunger Games.

Source(s): My history teacher and Suzanne Collins' interview on Good Morning America.
    • Adriana4 years agoReport

I agree. I have done many studies and lists of research about the hunger games true story. You should probably ask your librarian about the nonfiction books about it

• oki
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Hunger Games Based On

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Extra Cash Writing http://givitry.info/WritingJobsOnline
  • Jill
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Don't listen to any of these fools. The Hunger Games is based on a true story, it just hasn't happened yet. If we continue down the road that the world has been set on, then it will be our future. Not just the corrupt government, we already have that. I mean the entire population will be turned into slaves and forced to produce things that the government would need. In the books and movies, there was one group of people that was happy and enjoyed life, and they were the people living in the capitol. In real life though, no one would be happy and enjoy life. The capitol, would be populated only by government officials and the military.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Yes, the hunger games is a true story. Although it did not occur after WWII, it did happen after the Pilgrims came to America and forced the Indians to participate in the child sacrifices or The Hunger Games. There are plenty of documents about the rich history of the hunger games if you visit the library. I encourage you to learn more about it as it is not very well recognized in our history for how brutal it was. Scientists have predicted another 1000 Hunger Games will Occur in about 2025.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/hdOuO

Not WWII. This actually happened right after the Pilgrims came to America. They took over the land and forced the Native Americans to participate in the Hunger Games. The reason why Pocahontas is so famous is because she was the winner of the first Hunger Games.

• The Hunger Games isn't based on true story, however, it is based on a Greek mythology namely Theseus and the Minotaur. The mythology involves where Athens (the Districts) were forced to send 7 boys and 7 girls (the Tributes) to Crete (the Capitol) and then delivered to the custody of the Labyrinth (the Arena) where (instead to fight to the death) they will be eaten by the Minotaur (probably represented by the Mutts), anyway, Hunger Games is also based on Roman Gladiator fights where participants fight to the death for entertainment... in conclusion, The Hunger Games has both Greek and Roman influence.

• 4 years ago

If you are in the search on an simple and enjoyable job have been you could be your very own boss than you need to consider writing articles or blog posts and the ideal way to start off this path is with Real Writing Jobs, right here is the link https://tr.im/WyvS1 .

One of the best rewards of using RealWritingJobs is that you do not have to be a expert author to get their articles writer jobs. You have to be able to produce top quality material even so, just as soon as you get entry to the Real Writing Jobs backend, you will obtain access to plenty of resources and Trainingthat will support to become a much better writer.

Real Writing Jobs will provide the opportunity to be your personal boss, function when you want and when you have the time and to do one thing that you will absolutely will love.

• 5 years ago

Yeah. The directors of the Hunger Games forced Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson to compete in a death game where they have to murder other competitors.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No it can't but if a person writes in first from some points may be including her own life experiences and based on research of hers

• 7 years ago

It is dystopian.

Meaning it is an un see-able future.

If you pay attention it could also be based upon Julius Caeser. The names are the names from that play. like Cinna and Kato. Very ironic.

both stories there are dying and tragedy.

But no, it is not real.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.