Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Were Torquemada and Vlad the Impaler true™ Christians or false™ ones?

I don't think anyone could have doubted their devotion and piety (and still lived) yet both seem to be at such odds with modern day so-called "Christian values".

...

• Aggy
    Favorite Answer

I love this concept of "true Christians". It is a real get out of jail free card for any situation believers find uncomfortable.

It ranks alongside omnipotence a concept which means believers no longer have to learn or consider the laws of physics as their god can just change them if he wants to.

They live in a wonderfully simple world.

• Some people here also think that Hitler was a true atheist because he had a funny accent and was a foreigner!

The fact that he said the following quote only convinces those same people that he's even more of a true atheist.

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter."

Adolf Hitler, speech in Munich on April 12, 1922,

Because facts are for meanies, so Hitler must be a TrueAtheist(tm) no matter how Christian he said he was. La la, I can't hear you.

So there!

• yesmar

They were truly false ones, of course.

Just joking, my friend. They were true Christians of course. Anyone who claims such is therefore "true".

Now, were they mature followers of Christ? That's a whole different ball of wax!

they were not christians at all

1 John 3:15

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

they both murdered people

If they weren't, then I'm a Scotsman.

Were Stalin , Mao and Hitler TRUE atheists ?

EDIT : Hey Mike ! Hitler's life was an exercise in atheism . He showed no signs of being a religionist.