Motorcycle gear shifting?

OK so im a new rider with a 1992 Suzuki GSXF750 Katana, i just got a lot of work done on it, like 700 bucks worth, which included carbs, tank cleaning, fork seals, oil and some other stuff. I understand the concept of shifting from a theoretical standpoint but i believe im having trouble putting it into action.... show more OK so im a new rider with a 1992 Suzuki GSXF750 Katana, i just got a lot of work done on it, like 700 bucks worth, which included carbs, tank cleaning, fork seals, oil and some other stuff.
I understand the concept of shifting from a theoretical standpoint but i believe im having trouble putting it into action.
750'CCs 15 thousand RPMs. So i get on the bike, choke it and warm it up a little and now im ready to go, clutch in drop it to first, leave and reach the stop sign leading to the main road which is 35 mphs.
I make my turn in 1st gear and then while riding here's what i do:
1st gear to about 25mph and about 7k RPM's clutch it, drop throttle and shift to 2nd
2nd gear to about 35mph and another 7k RPMS i shift to 3rd
If i can stay in 3rd ill cruse at about 4-4,900 RPM's
is any of this right? should i be shifting at higher RPM's? like 10k or more?
ANOTHER BIG PROBLEM is that while riding and shifting and such i feel my seat getting very hot, location of heat is right between my groin and glutes, it gets really hot and leves my glutes sweating horribly. I suspect im working the engine too hard? maybe not shifting high enough? or riding out a gear too long? OR but not as likely the battery heating up? the mechanic ok'd he after the work when he could of milked me for more money so i doubt its that... IDK. while im in 1st doing 20 i hear (what i believe is the engine) spooling up loudly and i assume the bike whats to be shifted so i shift.
so i guess what im asking is on my 750 when should i be shifting? is 7k ok or should it be more/less?
and when ive reached appropriate speeds what should i be cruising at and what gear? 3k or like 5k?
Today i got it up to 70mph and was in 4th or 5th gear? was that ok? my rpms never went past 8 or 9k was that wrong?
Got insurance, license, helmet,
Will not take the msf. its not rocket science
Update: PLEASE EXPERIENCED RIDERS HELP :)
provide good advice
Update 2: OK, no one answered it, so what rpms should i be at when cruising at about 60mph if im in 4th gear? Basically when going at a constant speed should the rpms be low like 3 or 4k or higher around 6-8k?