What is the difference between Intel Processors Vs. AMD Processors? Which one would you choose?

What is the difference between Intel Processors Vs. AMD Processors? Which one would you choose? Just trying to figure out which to rather get. Need it more for performance, multitasking, visualization, and able to handle a lot of power.

Best Answer

That's easy, Intel is by far better! Now, I have always been and AMD person. I always had AMD processors. But after doing A LOT, and I mean A LOT of research, when I bought my new computer about 5 months ago, I chose an Intel i5 processor. It is SO much faster than my old AMD computer. (Okay, okay, the AMD computer was 7½ years old, but I REALLY liked it!!! :D)

Today, the cheapest Intel processor, the i3, will keep up with or beat the best AMD processors. The i5 and i7 will far surpass the AMD processors. If you are getting a new computer, I would strongly recommend and i5 or i7 processor. :)

For your needs, with 8 to 16 GB of RAM, you will have a great machine. The standard speed now is 3.4 GHz. Look for that. Mine runs at 3.1 and does very good, but 3.4 is better, of course! :D

~Cindy! :)

• shimek

Types Of Amd Processors

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference intel processors amd processors choose: https://tr.im/UA88V

I would chose Intel processor before any other brand processor. Have used both types.

Difference Between AMD & Intel Processor http://www.ehow.com/facts_5030995_difference-betwe...

I always choose AMD because of the value for the dollar. AMD also makes high-end processors so there is no need to go Intel. Performance is awesome with AMD processors. I have their quad core and I run Adobe Suite of programs for graphic design and website development and I use Corel software for video editing, along with 16GB of RAM.

I never have problems of any kind. I also use a 60GB SSD drive as my scratch disk for Photoshop. Photoshop just flies all day long. It's much more useful to use an SSD drive as a scratch disk for Photoshop rather than as a boot disk for Windows. When you run out of the RAM memory with those huge Photoshop files for print purposes, the SSD kicks in and you continue to work fluently because SSD is much faster than a regular hard disk. Nobody cares if they have to wait 15 seconds longer for the computer to boot up.

Source(s): Experience counts only (18 years). A true computer geek.

AMD is the way to go. they make a great product at an affordable price. I have had great success with all of my AMD processors over the years. I've had the Athlon ll x2 240 dual core, Athlon ll x4 640 quad core, FX 4130 quad core, and the Phenom ll x6 1040T six core. All together they ran about $350.00. Try doing that with intel :)

Intel is usually better performance than AMD but AMD is cheaper and decent performance

If you're on a budget get AMD otherwise Intel

Source(s): AMD ftw

If you're looking at a processor, you need to compare its clock speed and the number of cores and other technologies it boasts like hyper threading.

When buying a computer, compare ram, the graphics card memory and processor and price and go for the one with the highest numbers that fits your budget.

Processor suggestions here, ( if you have any questions ask the staff by contacting them):

http://www.comparefroggy.com/best-gaming-processor...

Laptop and computer suggestions here, (for any questions, contact the staff):

http://www.comparefroggy.com/gaming-computer-recom...

Intel processors are the best.

• james

usually amd cpus have a higher clock speed but the architecture is not as well designed. the intel cpus isially have much lower power consuption as well. but intel cpus are also ridiculouslt overpriced and are not as good for bang for your buck