My refridgerator isn't cooling.?

The condenser chamber is hot, and you can hear the fan running. I cleaned underneath the fridge and cleaned off all the radiator coils. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong?

Favorite Answer

If its hot under there then the compressor IS running. You said the condenser fan is running, so the compressor is not dead.

Get inside the FREEZER and ascertain if the freezer fan is running. Those fail about 20% of the time.

That small motor is a simple shaded pole motor. Use the model and serial number to order another from most any appliance parts retailer. -not expensive.

If you continue to have problems, there is this one cat that cruises this board that goes by Snow Bunny-Rebel. You can take what this guy says about refrigerator repair to the bank. Email him directly. He's real sharp.

Thats my 2 cents

Source(s): HVAC/R tech

its probably the compressor (black steel oval shaped with 2 lines) reach in and feel it you should be able to feel it vibrating a lil if not then it's died and depending on the fridge might be easier to get new fridge. but call and get prices on repair as well as replacement