Emmy asked in SportsVolleyball · 8 years ago

High school sports teams?

I'm going to be a freshmen in high school next school year and I'm wondering what sports are good to consider? For the fall season, I'm not sure whether to pursue volleyball or cross country. Which one is better and why?

Favorite Answer

You should choose the one you think you will enjoy the most. That you might have some experience in or like to watch the sport. Volleyball is skill sport, you have to run in both sports but volleyball you have to have quick feet. Because have to get the ball quickly. Its also some weight training and a strong core because that's important to volleyball player also strong arms and legs,too. You have to run in cross country also

but you can pace you self until the last few laps. Go to a camp or clinics for both sports and see which

one you enjoy. Clinics are only a day long about 4 to 6 hours at the most. Good luck and have fun.

Source(s): Coach v-ball & b-ball

Oh, I agree to disagree "Frank". I was in the same situation as you, I played volleyball for the first time this year as a freshman in high school and not only made the team but built great relationships with the players on my team. It is really easy to pick up and not stressful at all. Practice can be really fun, and a lot more fun than cross country, which is just non-stop running. And losing the games isnt even that bad, it makes you work harder, whereas in Cross country there is no clear-cut loser, because it is an individual sport. Go volleyball for sure.

You should choose the sport you think you will enjoy most. It would be even better if you have some experience in or like to watch the particular sport. Volleyball is skill sport; you have to run in both sports but in volleyball it's essential to have quick feet (because to get the ball quicker). It might have weight and core training It's important for volleyball players to have strong arms and legs, too. You have to run in cross country also, but you can pace yourself until the last few laps. Go to a camp or clinics for both sports and see which one you enjoy most. Clinics are only a day long about 4 to 6 hours at the most. Good luck and have fun!

Source(s): vball player XD

Both you could easily join into if you have done neither before.

It all comes down to how much shape you want to get in. I play volleyball. Its awesome and so fun and i love it so much, but lets be honest, i probably gained weight playing it. Atleast with my coach, he didnt believe in running a lot because you obviously dont have to run in volleyball, unless you are the setter (which i am) but not as close to as much as other sports. honestly volleyballs kind of a joke at my school haha, but its fun and i love the sport and my team.

If you like to run, and want to get in good shape for some reason, go for cross country. runnings just not my thing (i found out after doing spring track) I just know for cross country you run like 5 miles a day :/ not that fun to me. but hey if you like to run, which some people (weird people.. jk haha) do.

It really all comes down to that. If it was my opinion, id say volleyball, just cause i play it and i know its fun haha.

Honestly, if you're not 100 percent committed and willing to put up with all the bs about volleyball, you shouldn't play it. The practices aren't fun and the games are stressful. If you don't plan on trying to play volleyball in college, I wouldn't play volleyball if I were you. I played volleyball in high school and it kinda sucked most of the time.

You have to choose one that you know you could be successful in. If you like running then join cross country. If you have played volleyball and/or are tall then play volleyball.

Source(s): Freshman in High School

Cheerleading (football, basketball, competition) - Varsity all four years of HS Practices had been 6:30 - 9 pm in the wrestling room after wrestling follow. Sucks i know. I did hold my grades up. Honor roll every semester until I graduated :) I did orchestra, three choirs including exhibit choir, the university musical, countrywide Honor Society, neighborhood volunteer application, and that i had 2 jobs. Loved it. So much actually that I do it in institution now. I was tremendous busy, but it surely was all valued at the experiences. I discovered although to be much less busy in college so now i will be able to focus on my major.

You're going to like what ever you're good at. Just don't play basketball too much drama.