Can I bring cooked food on an international flight?

I'm going out of the country for the first time this summer! I'm leaving for Japan for studying abroad (yay!!). Anywhos, I've flown many planes before, but I know that the rules change a lot. I've checked the tsa website and found some nice information, but I wasn't sure if rules change because of the flight being international.

My mom used to pack cooked chicken and rice whenever we go on planes just in case we get hungry, and oh my gosh airplane food is expensive!! I was thinking about packing the same thing on this plane trip as well! Will it be a problem if I bring it along with me? I'm going from NC to CA and then CA to JPN. Would it be okay to carry wrapped food?

Hopefully this isnt too confusing.

• John L
    Favorite Answer

Probably, but are you aware that international flights such as California to Japan all provide meals at no extra cost?

• ?

You're mostly happy with dry packaged meals in producers packaging, and frequently tinned food too, however whatever dwelling cooked or recent fruit, veg or meat are typically refused in lots of countries, crops and many others.. Are a enormous no no, as they can have parasites etc.. Be presented into the international locations eco approach and decimated other important vegetation.