Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

Should i play football, and what position should i play?

I am 6'2" with 170-180 pounds. i can catch with/without gloves. i can throw, good arm for accuracy and power. I am fast. I am kinda scared about doing football, but i love it and i understand the game. I am one step away from doing football, cause there will be some 1st-year players too. My friends say i can either be a WR, TE or DE.

Honestly, i want to be in the DE position.

Please answer this fast before fall comes! thank you!

oh and i am a freshman of high school, 15 years old and class of 2016

Favorite Answer

If playing football is something you really have a desire to do then I would say, go for it... It would be a great experience for any young man to undertake and will leave you with many fond memories for when you get older... Once you start practicing the coach will decide what position is best for you to play that will help the team the best... Good luck.....

You should definatly play you will regret it later in life if you don't. High school football involes commitment and hard work but it teaches you how to be successful in life. If you are strong then play TE and DE, but if you are not very strong stick to WR. And lift weights starting now

• Cu Tie

Based on your height and weight, as well as your speed, I believe that you will make a very good fit at defensive end. Considering your age, your height gives you the potential to become an elite high school defensive end.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch defensive end in high school football, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your sophomore, junior, and especially senior, years of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final 3 years of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program in the future.