If I come in to cover a shift on my day off, will I get browning points?

• Olivia
    Favorite Answer

If you do this on a regular basis, of course, because it shows you're accommodating, loyal, and helpful. But if this is just a one-time thing, don't count on getting any brownie points.

When I used to work as a waitress in a private club I was constantly covering people's shifts who were "sick". I also came in early or stayed late when my employer asked. I was a hard worker with a good attitude. After only 5 months of work I received a $500 bonus compared to other staff who received much, much less (these were the staff who always called in sick all the time). I had no idea about these bonuses until I actually received one.

Not necessarily "brownie" points but it will probably be noted that you helped out, If you are always available to cover a shift when help is needed your might get some sort of acknowledgement.

Source(s): have worked in Service industry as a manager, it takes more than one time helping out to get points.

I assume you mean brownie points, and mentally, yeah I guess. If you make yourself available and are a helpful person people will start to think better of you.

• myrrh

@ Observe

I don't think the asker meant brownie points. It's possible the asker meant "browning" as in brown nosing. [kissing up to management in hopes it will pay off]

Yes, you will earn "browning" points.