Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 7 years ago

5 beats 1 a stupid comment?

We all heard Michael Jordan comment on he thinks Kobe is better than LeBron because "five beats one." But am I the only one that thinks this is stupid? First off TEAMS win championships, not players. And if that's the case then 11 beats 6. And everybody acts like Michael Jordan walks on water and if Michael Jordan is gonna base how good players are by championships then Bill Russell is the best player ever.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ssup Jacob?

I am not sure why you picked it up that way but what Jordan was saying was, Kobe won 5 championships and Lebron just one. Look, i like Lebron better than Kobe but what Jordan was saying was, Kobe led Lakers to 5 championships. Yes Shaq was there on the first 3 but Kobe still was a major peice. Lebron has just won one, or course it wouldnt matter even if wins 20 if he aint no major factor in those championships. You also mentioned Bill Russell, Bill is in historians' top 5 greatest of all time. Like i said, i love Lebron James, number one Heat fan here but all Michael wants is for Lebron to win more rings. Trust me, Lebron is taking that as a huge challenge and HE WILL SUCCEED. let's take that as a challenge. thanks man

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Almost every Celtics player from the 50s and 60s has 7-11 championships. I agree, stupid argument, it's a shame that so many people agree with 5>1 but not 11>6 or 11>5

• 7 years ago

Of course Jordan is right. He's not drinking the Lebrainless Kool-aid. Kobe Bean Bryant's 5 rings beat Lebrainless' bootleg 1 ring any day.

• STEVE
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes.

Lets say Player ABC has 5 rings and Player XYZ has 1 ring... that doesn't mean that Player ABC is a better player, it just means they played on better teams.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

It is a stupid argument. The only reason people like him bring it up, is because they have nothing else they can say as a debate.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

LOL Jordan's basketball knowledge is laughable. The guy can play but mentally he is zero.

• 7 years ago

Don't get insulted to easily, He owns the Bobcats and we see how good his decision making is with them.....

• 6 years ago

you need swag

• 7 years ago

Idk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.