Jasmin asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

Question about my hair "down there"?

Its really long and its very sensitive so when i wear skinny jeans or something it hurts cuz its pulling:/ i dont wanna shave it but i was thinking about cutting it just a little shorter.. Is it ok to do that? I am just sick of it hurting cuz its so sensitive!.. Pls answer

• Jamie
    Favorite Answer

It's your body and it's okay to do whatever you want!

You can, and should, trim the hair, if it's hurting you. Using scissors made for nose-hairs, or some other safety scissors with some sort of guard is a good idea!

If you want it ALL gone, and are afraid to shave, you can use a hair removal cream, like veet, or nair... not on the more sensitive areas, but on the outer parts "down there".

Wearing cotton briefs instead of thongs will help protect you until you find a solution you're comfortable with.

If the problem continues, you can call a nurse line (usually an 800 number) or a local hospital, anonymously for more advice, or ask your doctor if you're comfortable with that.

Yea trimming it down (with scissors or a small goatee, ear or nose hair trimmer, which should have a guard you can place over the blades to achieve uniform length this should help alot!

Here's also a website: http://www.wikihow.com/Trim-Your-Pubic-Hair

Source(s): I too, am afraid of razors chopping something off down there, thats why I use scissors! :P

trimming it will work to some extent but you may have to shave it to completely stop the tenderness. Aloeverra gel can help if it becomes itchy and it also helps with the tenderness.

if you just use a small pair of scissors and trim it just a little it will be fine