Are PGA and 3PG the same thing? Are DPGA and BPG the same thing?

Learning about cellular respiration in my Grade 12 Bio class, and the terms 3GP (3-phosphoglycerate) and BPG (1,3-biphosphoglycerate) show up in glycolysis, while the terms PGA and DPGA show up for the Calvin Cycle. Can 3GP and PGA be used interchangeably, and likewise with BPG and DPGA?

Seeing that, PGA stands for 3-phosphoglycerate (according to my textbook), I'm assuming that DPGA is diphosphoglycerate, which is the same as biphosphoglycerate? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Are PGA and 3PG the same thing? -YES

Are DPGA and BPG the same thing? - YES

Thats a hard question to answer. There are things that I love about my life, most notable is my wife. There are some other things that I really feel I missed out on. As a kid I always dreamed about going to West Point or another Military Academy. I never did well enough in school so I would change that for sure. Even after I knew I wouldn't go there I wanted to join the Military and never did. Now I feel like I missed out on a dream and I would do anything except give up my wife to get that back.