Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

IS MY DOG DYING?? PLEASE ANSWER QUICKLY.?

My dog is 12 years old and just today, he went in the bathroom and has been laying on the floor for hours. His neck is bent back (not broken) and his legs are out straight and he won't move. Is he dying? Or is he having a seizure because his Eyes are open wide. Please help

Favorite Answer

Instead of asking us, you should be at the Emergency Vets office right now with your dog, asking your vet this question. If he's 12 and depending on his general health, he could be dying. We can't see him, we can't tell you if he's really sick or if he's dying. Only a vet can tell you that. Get off your computer, carefully put your dog in a crate with a blanket, find an Emergency Vet in your Yellow Pages under Veterinarians and get your poor dog in and seen NOW!

Check the color of his mouth and lips. If they are pale then it could be a sign of severe dehydration or liver problem. Take a bowl of cold water and wet his lips or try using ice. If he wont eat try making rice with some pepto bismol mixed in to remedy upset stomach problems. Pay close attention to breathing patterns.

Source(s): Two dogs who are a pain in my butt

Make sure he's breathing and call a 24 hour animal hospital. Sorry

Source(s): DOG EXPERT

TAKE HIM TO THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL OR VET RIGHT NOW, BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

you should probably go to the vet instead of wasting your time on here

Source(s): my brain
  • what kind of dog? my mother in laws pugs used to seize alot esp in older age