Is it possible to be muslim and not at the same time?

I feel culturally Muslim. I can't get myself to believe in most of the things written in the Quran, because I think they don't make sense. The only Muslim thing I do is that I don't eat pork and I do believe in a god, probably only one god.

By the way this question is just for fun, I think the answer is no.

• Slyvia
    Favorite Answer

No.

You might be a Muslim on a census form, but you are not a Muslim in the true sense of the word if you don't accept the Qur'an.

• No, there is no such thing as a Muslim culture so no1 is culturally Muslim

you are Muslim or not based on the religion Islam not culture

religion is different from culture

if you don't believe the Quran then you are not Muslim so your not Muslim

Jews also don't eat pork and believe in One God

you could do Islamic things but that doesn't make you Muslm, if you accept Islam and practice Islam then you are Muslim and believing the Quran is a main part of being Muslim

Its a paradoxical situation. If you have maintained your free will and independent mind you may have always problems with strict rules imposed by eager, righteous and self-righteous alleged believers in Islam. If you can ignore the absurd mandate to become a slave of Allah and his merry men, you may feel more like a progressive and modern man, even if others would threaten you with hell and fire. Why would you bother to accept such stupid attitudes. Live your life and be happy.

1.-The cure to ignorance is knowledge. (Doubt is a form of ignorance).

?2 - Secondly, you need to purify your heart & life from sins. Sins are a cause of corruption of the mind which prevents thinking clearly and seeing the ayat of Allah clearly. If your Fitrah (nature) is corrupted (by sins which you are not repenting from), then you will have great difficulty in distinguishing truth from error, and you will be confused.

__________________________________

An example, Allah said:

52:35. Were they created by nothing, or were they themselves the creators?

We know for sure that we were not created by nothing, and we know we did not create ourselves. So logically, there is a Creator. And similarly, if you increase your knowledge of Qur'an, the truth about Allah will become clear. And besides these ayat using logical deduction are other ayat which are miracles in other ways, such as prophecy, all of which prove the Qur'an to be true. And someone with knowledge can see this clearly, and once the Qur'an is proven to be true and a miracle, then it's contents are all true, including:

14:10. Their Messengers said: "What! Can there be a doubt about Allâh, the Creator of the heavens and the earth? He calls you (to Monotheism and to be obedient to Allâh) that He may forgive you of your sins and give you respite for a term appointed." They said: "You are no more than human beings like us! You wish to turn us away from what our fathers used to worship. Then bring us a clear authority (i.e. a clear proof of what you say)."

The Prophets did bring clear authority/proofs in the form of Miracles and Pure Logical Truth, yet how can those whose Fitrah has been corrupted believe when they hate the truth? So as I mentioned above, you need Knowledge, as well as Purifying your Fitrah to understand the proofs in Knowledge.

definately you're not a muslim and it's not possible to be a muslim and not to be a muslim at the same time.

but i would like to ask the single thing in quran which doesn't make sense to you?give me reference i will explain to you?you are sure mistaken about that.

Yes you can ... Islam or any religion never tells uou to follow them ... It is the set if rule to live your life .... When you follow them then you are a muslim when you are not following you are not... If you are killing a person to save your mother you are same time muslim and non muslim.... And yes if you eat pork and do namaz 5 time that will be better... Greatness of any religion point to a set of rule for a day ... Thats all the religion means.... And thanks for postin in a funny way ... Nothing in this world is serios except life and death ... Enjoy life... Thats what allah , jesus , buddha , krishna says

Well you should not make fun of your Islam like this. rather it should be held with much dignity and honor.

Also, to disbelief In the Quran even if it is a little. Is kufr and disbelief. Please repeat the shahadah and correct your actions before its to late.

" By the way this question is just for fun, I think the answer is no."

by the way i was about answering your question when i saw ^.....lol ok you should do your best to follow Allah's commands....it is for our benefit at the end......have a nice day:)