How should I "come out"?

OK I am a 15 year old male who is gay. I don't know whether or not I should come out of the closet. A few people who already know make fun of me for it and they were supposed to be my "friends". Like whenever I tell them something I did or got the cut me off and yell, "HA GAYYYYY!!!" for the entire world to hear, also even though i am smarter than all of them according to all of my tests, they say I only get better grades because I am gay so when I got my car and took it to the track just to get its top speed of 160MPh they said it was FAKE and GAY because I'm not allowed to have a nice fast car because I'm gay. So I'm about to tell my principle that I'm getting bullied. anyway so should I come out because I don't know whether I will get made fun of or just be accepted for something I didn't choose. Also it is not obvious that I'm stereotypical gay, I have a deep voice, no lisp, play all of the physical sports (football, wrestling, kickboxing), and I am not hot like "all gays should be".

Favorite Answer

Yea I would definitely go to an authority figure because this kind of bullying escalates. I've seen it happen. As for coming out, I would find some real friends first that you know are OK with your sexuality. After telling them I would go to your parents next. Then if you feel the need to tell others then go ahead. I came out this way and everyone else found out by word of mouth from others and if they asked I didn't deny

Only come out if you have a support system. By that I mean reliable friends and family who accept you for who you are. If these guys are messing with you don't spend time with them. And if it can't be avoided just learn to not let it bother you. Personally I don't think anyone should go from the closet to everyone they know knowing they're gay. It's a lot to handle especially if you don't think you'll be accepted. Honestly high school sucks, if you involve the principle they probably won't stop and it'll probably get worse. Best of luck eh.

• Most people would say "go ahead and tell people who you are, and dont take anything negitive back to think about" because i know that that can't happen. I think that you should do what you think is right or just wait untill everyone can be more mentally mature so they will think that it was brave of you to come out of the closet. Hoped this helped<3

Its a very daring thing to "come out". you have to be ready for the consequences. Unfortunately people in this world are very judgemental and hate on what they dont understand. Maybe come out right before summer so you cant be bullied by some people. by the time summer ends it wont be such a big deal and people will have gotten used to you geing gay. Im sorry to hear about you being bullied honey :/ One of my bffs is gay and he went through the same thing. but he just kept going on with his life. dw about it. dont let these jerks phase you :)

Source(s): has a bunch of gay friends lol