Can You Be Placed On Academic Supension for Owing the school Money?

to make this real sort basicly i got a 2.7 my first semester a 2.5 my second.. and my 3rd semester i left a financial aid person talk me out of withdrawing from a class which just destroyed my GPA when i got a F.. and this past semester i got a 2.00..i owe money to the school and it is also saying im on academic probation can someone explain to me what this is and what i need to do i do believe my gpa may is below 2.00

• Cassi
    Favorite Answer

If you owe the school money, you will not be allowed to register for classes until the balance is paid. You will also not be allowed your transcript should you try to bypass this by attending another school.

The probation is a separate matter. Once you pay what you owe to the school, you will be allowed to attend again. However, performing below the standards specified for your probation period will result in suspension. If you are receiving financial aid right now, this means that you will not be eligible to receive anymore until you make the necessary improvements. If you are not, then you will not be allowed to attend the school for a specified amount of time.

If you owe the college money, have an outstanding balance, from the previous semester you will not be allowed to register for or take any further classes - so it's basically the same difference.

But, at the end of the day, the financial aid person was more than likely "talking you into not withdrawing" from that class - BECAUSE your grades weren't that good anyway, and continued withdrawals from classes, combined with your less than stellar grades (along with your plummeting GPA) was going to end up placing you on academic probation and ineligible for financial aid anyway.

Frankly, you're wasting the school's time and taking seats in classes that could go to a more worthy student - and wasting financial aid funding (taxpayer dollars) - by your current approach to college classes.