Nick asked in SportsMotorcycle Racing · 7 years ago

How do you stiffen the front break on a dirtbike?

I have a 2007 CRF250R, the front brake is really soft. I've gotten the fluid drained, which helped a little bit, but I want to to get the front brake really sensitive (about a centimeter of movement). I also currently have ASV lever. Let me know if you have any ideas.

• Jon
    Favorite Answer

If your sure no air in the line, it almost sounds like rebuild master cylinder time. The piston that pushes the fluid may be wearing down. Take the cap(put rags down on all painted parts) (cover everything), squeeze the lever. Does a nice tower of fluid shoot up out of master? 4-6 inches high. If its not a strong tower I'd rebuild master. I think the kits 20-30 bucks. Comes with all parts needed. Note: dot 4 will eat paint, stickers, and anything you want to protect. Clean ASAP. Dot 3-4 are alcohol base. Dot 5-5.1 are silicone base. Do not mix.

Someone else may have other ideas. That's mine. So to them.

DILLIGAF. Google it.