a guy stared at me, showed off, and tried to impress why?

my friends boyfriend walked in with 2 other guys. one of them was in my gym last year and he when he saw me he kept looking over at me and staring at me again. last year he use to show off in gym when i was around then be all lay back when i wasn't. that day we were hanging out outside of target and he quickly smoked and tried to hide it from me and my friend. he started to ride around on his bike doing tricks and staring at me. i wasn't even talking and he kept looking at me. my friend said he was looking over at me and her and he clearly saw my friend had a bf cause they were all over each other. why was he staring at me the whole time, showing off, and they were talking about smoking and he was like yeah i don't smoke. i don't know why he was doing this again and after they left i had this weird feeling he was still staring at me. today we were in target and they were outside the window watching us. he kept looking over at me and i knew it wasn't my friend cause she wasn't sitting in a visible area. he then walked off and sat on a bench and later kept looking over at us. when we were leaving i walked by him and he kept staring at me when i did.

Favorite Answer

He likes you and wants to get your attention, he wants to make himself seem "cool" in front of you so maybe you will like him back

he likes you and wants to impress you to show that he's interested