Which type of statistical test should I run on this particular type of data?

There is a linear relationship between Island Size and Number of Species. (Expected). I collected data about exhibit size and number of species (Outcome). I need to know how I can analyze this difference. My professor offered these options/ideas: T-Test, ANOVA, Linear Regression, Chi-Squared.

Any bit of info with help. Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Is the variable "exhibit size" approximately normally distributed and continuous?

Is the variable "number of species" approximately normally distributed and continuous?

If you can assume the answer to these two questions is "yes," then a simple linear regression should suffice.

Explain to your professor that you assume the two variables are both approximately normally distributed and continuous. You should be OK to go with simple linear regression.

Source(s): I have a master's in statistics
  • maxey

I consistently do agree or disagree, I stay away from the strongly one way or the different. I had a instructor as quickly as who pronounced that that could make it seem such as you're basically telling them what you think of they elect to take heed to.