Do I have a possible immune deficiency disorder?

My doctor is sending me to an allergist because I've ha bronchitis 4 times and pneumonia 2 times in the past six months, I've also had 2 stomach bugs. She's sending me to an allergist to check for a possible immune deficiency, I've had problems with my knees as well an ha two surgeries but they can't figure out what's wrong, I it possible I have an immune deficiency? What do they normally do to treat those?

Favorite Answer

There is Primary immunodeficiency [weak or absent immune system] and secondary immunodeficiency.

Primary is when your body is missing something that makes your immune system weaker. This is usually treated by life long medications. You have to take extra precautions to avoid getting sick, and when you do get sick, you should get prompt treatment.

Secondary is when there is something causing your immune system to get weaker. Like AIDS or Cancer or something else. In these cases, the doctors try treating the disease itself.

Good luck! Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Your doctor has rightly referred to you for Immune deficiency investigations - recently 10 warning signs has been published to investigate immune deficiency

http://info.thebindingsite.com/blog/bid/265356/10-...

But thees warning signs are only valid for infant and children

Your doctor needs reassurance that you do not have primary immune deficiency - Investigations require to check 4 arms of immune system ( T and B lymphocyte, other non-specific white cells and complement system) - Almost 90-95% of patients referred to these clinics did not diagnose with immune deficiency

I am sure that you are one of them (by looking your history)!

Source(s): Primary immune deficiency website (UK) - PIN www.ukpin.org.uk

Just listen to your doctor.