I'm 20 years old and no job experience. What do I do?

It's so hard to get a job.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The older you get without experience the less desirable you become to a potential employer.

You need to take any job you can get even a total crap job. Stick with it at least 6 months. So many today take a job an they perceive that a boss is giving the "evil eyeball" and immediately want to quit. Look at how many here on Yahoo are asking how to quit.

You need to visit as many places as possible. Don't ever think you looked enough until you have a job

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Do some voluntary work to get the ball rolling.. It's something to put in your C.V when your applying for jobs.. It shows that you are active and have some experience.. Worked for me..

Another good idea is when you apply for a job.. Ring them up a week later and ask if they received your application.. Also ask then roughly how many people applied for the job.. It shows them that your interested and not just filled in a bit of paper and left to with them.. Good luck

Source(s): Experience
  • 7 years ago

Go to a bunch of restaurants. Decide if you would rather work out front, or in the kitchen.

If out front, apply to either be a host or a busser. If you want to work in the back, apply to be a dishwasher.

You'll be able to move up from there.

• 7 years ago

Keep applying or go to school or get some kind of training.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.