Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

If a brain were divided in half and put into two bodies, would there be two souls or would they share a soul?

Update:

I ask because I love Dr. Frog Can Fly so much and I wish there was another one of her out there somewhere.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • mindy
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Medically speaking you can divide the brain in half at the corpus callosum, this is known as an corpus callosotomy, the procedure involves the severing the corpus callosum...which connects the two hemispheres of the brain to treat epilepsy so no if you split the brain you will not be two souls and further more you can not cut the brain out..do an corpus callosotomy and put the two halves in to two bodies..medically speaking it cant be done...lol but however if you do just a corpus callosotomy you can live a full and normal life free of epilepsy

Source(s): two year degree in surgical technology
  • Candy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Far the more likely both bodies would be dead, but for say it would be 2 different souls. The word "soul" in its first usage and precedent in the context of the scriptures gives the concept of the word "soul" to simply mean, "breath life"( that something is breathing and alive"). Its not really all so very strange a concept to reason.

• 7 years ago

The spirit (or to me) is not inside of your brain. Your Spirit is you. Nobody can have your soul, because it is yours.

Plus, technically, if you had half of a brain you would be dead. And, if you needed surgury for a new half of a brain, the other person would either 1. have to die or 2. be dead therefore no soul.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

A better question is would a clone have a soul?

As a Christian who believes in a bodily resurrection as the afterlife, I would imagine that the clone would simply not be resurrected since it is already the same exact person as the original.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

You would probably have two corpses and no soul.

We all love Dr. Frog.

• ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Gee, you can write a pretty good story with that idea. I would like to tell you that a person would die if the brain were cut in half. So there would be two corpses and a brain cut into halves.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

A person is a soul. They don't have one.

You have heard it said that when a person dies, their soul lives on. Well the Bible says that "the soul that is sinning dies." This mean the person dies.

There are many scriptures that prove this.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

One would get the soul. The other one would instantly grow a goatee and become the personification of evil.

• Frog
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Two creationists

• Maka
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

good question, care to volunteer for an experiment?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.