Should I offer to pay for the whole lunch?

Tmw I'm going to eat outside with my really good friend. She's bringing one of her other friends whom i've not yet met too. But the problem is, I've never eaten at restaurants. My parents have been very strict all my life about me n my sibs eating home made food only so Idk how ur supposed to behave in a restaurant lol. Now that I'm old enough to make my own decisions, I decided to give new things a try so I agreed to go out for lunch with my friend(s). The thing I'm confused about is, should I offer to pay the bill? I know my friend will not agree. So should I offer to split the bill with them? It is a buffet place that we're going to, not a really posh restaurant so there'll be no waiters. It won't be a super expensive lunch either lol. But I don't wanna be a weirdo and pay only for myself and let them pay for themselves even though i know they can but still...it sounds rude..what should i do?

• Tony
    Favorite Answer

No split the bill ok

just act normaly, like you do at home; i mean, you're the customer in the restaurant!

And for the bill, i dont think you should pay their bill, i mean, first of all, it's not like you invited your girlfriend/boyfriend, so you should pay it. the friends have been brought by your friend, and so you dont have a big enough relation with them yet, and if i was them, i would probably be a little embarrassed to let someone else that is not a good friend or best friend pay for me, since i can pay.

When I go out with my friends, we always pay our own stuff unless someone says something like: here, ill buy you an icecream cuz you're cool like that!! then I just say ok, and next time, i can buy her something, though im not forced to, and she really won't mind if i don't pay her back.

If you invited her, you could offer to pay for both of you, or split the cost. BUT since she is bringing her friend, you do not need to pay for the friend, so you should split the bill. At the end of the meal, you look at how much you spent, and put that amount in, plus a tip.

• Cara

In a casual eating-with-friends situation like that you'll almost certainly just split the bill between you. Don't worry, and don't offer to pay for the others, but be ready to pay for yourself.

You're not responsible to pay for their meals. Each of you should split the bill and you should also take 20% of your bill to tip the waitress. However if they don't have enough money for their meal, you can pay for it and have them pay you back later