Why would he do this to my phone?

Ok so I was texting in class, yes I get it wasn't appropiate to be texting in class. So my shop teacher breaks my iPhone4s with a hammer, screen up. The class voted on it. Our school has a zero tolerence cell phone policy. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

woah. Yes, it was wrong for you to be texting in class, but still. Smashing your personal property was crossing the line. And to get the entire class involved!? I'm sorry but that is not right. What your teacher should had done, was bring the phone up to the office, and then have your parents come pick it up.

Nice teacher you've got there.

The teacher's reaction was extreme and inappropriate. If you'd gotten the phone taken and never given back, that perfectly abides by the school's policy. But physically destroying it with a hand tool in front of the class is bad behavior on his part. You need to bring in your parents. You may have deserved to lose your phone, but you didn't deserve to have him blow up on you.

Tell your parents. You might get grounded, but it won't be as harsh as them findin out from someone else. Besides, the school has no right to do that. It's your property, even if you did break the rules. Or, you can ask the principle.

And why would get class vote on it??

The other day, he threatened to smash it and pretended to, but didn't. Now you've changed your story. Is it because we told you it was to teach you a lesson and to get over it? It's not really going to help if you lie to us. If he didn't break your phone, you can't do anything.

Bring this to an administrator or you can even sue