Windows 7 laptop screen dims?

My Compaq laptop has recently been dimming randomly. It flickers then dims. I have checked the flicker refresh settings and it won't let me change anything. the screen is random, it will brighten back up then flicker A LOT but won't go back to normal. I can't do my work.

Please help! Thanks.

Favorite Answer

did you check the refresh rate settings under your graphic card control panel

I even have XP yet this probaly has to do with skill recommendations accessed from administration Panel. some thing is desperate to shelter skill. possibly you're working on battery. it somewhat is while this is beneficial to shelter skill. If all else fails there are Up-Down arrow keys in all danger on the decrease perfect of your keyboard. pressing the Up arrow key will brighten the demonstrate. The greater circumstances you press it the brighter the demonstrate gets . appropriate of success. This basically works once you're on your pc.