Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 years ago

Why do men rape women?

Why do so many men become rapists? What is it that makes a person do that to another person? Is it that some men are bad with women so they become angry and want control or just mental problems or something? idk

• Elana
    Favorite Answer

First off, "why do so many men become rapists" makes the assumption that so many men DO.

And they don't.

There are a LOT of organizations spending a LOT of time and money spreading a lot of fear about rape but women have never been safer in the US. Men are far more likely to experience violence than women, etc, etc.

These organizations teach women to look at every man as a potential rapist, but since ANYBODY could be a rapist, that same logic could be aimed at every woman as well (though somewhat less likely, it is still reasonable since less than 1% of the MEN out there actually rape).

So - why do PEOPLE rape each other?

Or are you just trying to make the genders hate each other?

We don't see that because it is less frequent that it happens to men than women (of those reported that is.) It isn't socially acceptable for a man to come out and say that he was raped by a woman. To be brought down to an extreme point of vulnerability by a person of lesser-privileged status would be more embarrassing. People might say "You let a woman do that to you?", which would be an insult to the victims sense of masculinity. Also, commenting on previous answers, men do not rape because of more sex drive. Rape is not about the sex, it's about domination and power.

• hvap

Feminists say its because rapists want some sort of power over women but I think it would be better to ask the rapists them selves why they do it because they are the ones who really know why so I think that's the best way to find out and not what feminists insist is the reason.

Be careful of the answers you receive from feminists and women.

You're asking about rapists. Rapists are over 90% male, so it'd be wiser to ask this question to someone who'd be more familiar with the physiology of the male body, rather than some feminist who is merely pasting what she heard in her gender studies class all over again.

Source(s): Rape is a natural phenomenon and will always happen. This is what we call Equilibrium. As long as society and biology (of males and females) are the way they are, no amount of "education" will ever eliminate rape.

Men who rape often in their past have had someone take their control and hurt them, so they lash out and take someone else's control away from them and hurt them. Many people have had their control taken from them and been hurt(maybe not in as drastic act as rape) however not everyone turns and round and rape others to make themselves feel better, the ones how do this are the weak ones how can't over come what theyve been through.

because SOME men are sickos.

Why do women say one thing but mean another? Probably the same reason.

I'm going to take a stab at this, cause often a lot of guys I hang around with just ask me all the time "My name, go get some girls I know you know some girls call them get them down here" or they ask me to dance and go show some guys how its down and take those girls away and bring them over here. A lot of guys don't have confidence. They want things the easy way. They feel they don't want to have the feeling of rejection. Kind of like when you play a video game and you just want to put in the cheat code and not really put the effort in.

I know guys like control and all. So do I, in the bed room. Heck ive dated a few girls who like (no lie) with my hands around their neck when we have sex or like it rough and so on and so on. But those guys who raped girls want that feeling without really having the relationship or to be honest with the consent from the woman. Personally I like the feeling of being the boss in control but nobody is going to accuse me of rape. Cause simply the girls I dated like it, or they have the option to say no and just move on. Never been told I'm too rough. And all my ex want to still have sex with me so...

I guess a lot of guys are lazy and want it the easy way. And its not as fun if a person consents to it. Then a lot of guys might not have the looks and personality to get that from women, idk. I never had the urge to rape a girl

"So many men" REALLY?

You make it sound like the majority of men are rapists when they aren't. You realize women can rape too? Is that not important? What about men who rape men? Is that not important?

Any male who rapes is NOT a man, he is a COWARD, and same goes for females.

I'd be interested to know the education level of some people who answered this question. Physiologically, rape IS about power and dominance. What makes you so sure fat women aren't raped? Fat woman can defend themselves better. They can't as easily be picked up and carried off, they aren't as easy to push around. In the animal kingdom, humping is a way to show dominance, it's not uncommon. You folks think we humans are so different?

• Sarah

Cause they think she's hot and they want a taste. Simple as that. Most of them are surprisingly normal, otherwise.

This whole "Rape is about power, not sex" thing is BS cooked up by rape apologists. How many granmas and super fat chicks you see being raped? Not nearly as many as the girls who look like they stepped off the cover of Cosmo.

Most men just don't rape because they think it's gross, or don't want the legal consequences, or they don't want the hassle of attacking someone and wrestling them down when they could just as easily hire a hooker. However some guys don't mind all that, they even like the "challenge". So they rape :/

because some men just get overly cocky (thats a little word play) and think there cocks are really big so they **** who ever the want