Is diabetes a medical discharge from National Guard?

Also, If a person gets released from the Guard due to diabetes, will they still be able to keep the military benefits? Example: GI Bill, Federal Tuition Assistance, Commissary.

Update:

US Army National Guard. Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2)

Update 2:

Update 3:

Update 4:

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have received this medical diagnosis from your civilian provider, then you need to report this through your chain of command to the medical provider for your unit, or the state guard surgeons office.

During the first gulf war, I had folks who showed up with their units being deployed with all sorts of medical issues that needed to be assessed for the ability to function in the slot they held, or to be issued a permanent/temporary profile. They felt that they were healthy enough to drill but not to deploy.

I sat them down and did their medical boards within a week.. If they were unable to deploy now that they were needed, how could they expect to be fit for the next deployment. It is not fair to send another person in their place, as they expected.

The medical folks would be hard pressed to take care of your diabetes properly under combat or deployed conditions.

Remember, when all the infantry gets killed they send the cooks, mechanics, personnel clerks, etc to the front lines.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Secret To Destroy Diabetes : http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?Qubu
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Cure Diabetes At Home - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?ukRr
  • 4 years ago

High blood levels of glucose can cause several problems, including frequent urination, excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, weight loss, and blurry vision. However, because type 2 diabetes develops slowly, some people with high blood sugar experience no symptoms at all. How to treat diabetes naturally https://tr.im/ANr6l

Symptoms of type 1 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Weight loss in spite of increased appetite

Fatigue

Nausea

Vomiting

Patients with type 1 diabetes usually develop symptoms over a short period of time, and the condition is often diagnosed in an emergency setting.

Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Increased appetite

Fatigue

Blurred vision

Slow-healing infections

Impotence in men

If you think you have diabetes i think you should have a checkup and speak with your doctor just in case.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

hey all, The best progress that I have ever seen was with Blood sugar sniper (just google it) Without a doubt the most interesting system that I have come across to help start reversing diabetes.

• 7 years ago

Pretty sure that's a DQ for any military branch

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.