Atheists, what is your opinion on Mel Gibson?

• Dani
    Favorite Answer

Ya know, I try not to care what celebrities do outside of movies. I think Lindsay Lohan is a great actress, but I don't want her private life to interfere with my movie-watching entertainment. Same with Tom Cruise - who I also enjoy watching. And I grew up liking Mel Gibson. I even like Kramer and I do not want what Michael Richards said during his comedy hour to interfere with my Seinfeld entertainment.

I really could care less what these people do/believe/say in their personal lives. They're human. And everyone needs to stop glorifying them like they're not.

• Vexed

I like his movies, but I can never fully see him as the character he's playing. I see him as "Mel Gibson as William Wallace" whereas someone like Jeff Bridges is "Rooster Cogburn" and not "Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn."

If that makes sense.

As a person, don't really care. I don't know the guy.

I don't know Mel Gibson. I only know his characters.

• luby

i think of Mel is a huge actor and persons choose him too plenty. he's totally a man or woman who makes errors like all of us else. this is a shame the media makes him out to be a nutcase. fantastically the b*tch of a spouse who tried to leech him for his funds. She purposely have been given him offended purely to apply it against him on the media. people like to observe celebrities crumple, unhappy fairly.

i think of Mel is an marvelous actor and human beings choose him too a lot. he's in basic terms someone who makes blunders like truthfully everyone else. it somewhat is a shame the media makes him out to be a nutcase. particularly the b*tch of a spouse who tried to leech him for his funds. She purposely have been given him indignant in basic terms to apply it against him on the media. human beings like to visual exhibit unit celebrities crumble, unhappy somewhat.

Booze problem.

All that money and fame yet unhappy and unstable.

Probably from an inability to let his ex go or realise that he actually doesn't like her much and hates himself for taking on what he sees as a burden.

...

• mindy

well iam not an atheist but my opinion of him is he is a hateful Christian man always putting us jews down..iam sure he does with atheist too. Christians suck with their jesus talk and being all pushy and self righteous like they are always right about everything

Always been more of a Danny Glover fan myself.

Filled with bitter hatred, has a major anger problem, thinks he's holier than everyone else.

Hes a good actor.