i need help!!!!!!! :(?

I'm 16 and my bf will soon be 18 next week. we've been together for a year and 5 months now. He wants to marry me as soon as i turn 18. but idkif im ready. im scared. idk what im scared of but im just scared. . . and he's mad at me bc i said i wanted to wait to get married . . idk what to do . . .

and i really love him and i know he loves me. my parents always say they think i should wait to get married like in my 30s or something. im confused. my mom hates him n always say if we get married we not gonna do noting w/ our lives, we're gonna b unsuccessful, we're gonna be poor and we are not gonna last. im confused bc he say he loves me n my mom say he doesnt love me. thats y im scared to get married bc my mom bad mouths us.

Favorite Answer

You have two years to think about it. Maybe by the time you turn 18, you will be ready to marry your boyfriend. However, don't let him push you into marrying at that time if you're not ready. Since he's mad right now, he will get over it. If he loves you, he will wait for you. When it comes to marriage, it is best to wait until you are sure that's what you want. You are so young yet and shouldn't be so concerned about marriage yet. The important thing to do is when you turn 18 is to think about furthering your education by going to college. That way you will have a career to fall back on just in case marriage doesn't work out for you. Remember, think of your future and what you can do for yourself to make life better for you!

if your not yet ready to get married then its better for you to stand for it. Dont force yourself just because you love him. If he really loves you he can wait and understand you. Your still young and your still growing up dont miss the opportunity of being teenager its fun. Its better to enjoy your teenage stage before getting married.

By the way the ideal age for marriage is 25 and up. Its the age where you are matured enough to handle committed relationship. And choose the right partner for you never hurry.

God Bless :)

You're probably scared because u hear of how most marriages fell but hey u do have 2 more yrs & u never know of he'll been done changed his mind or u might change the way u feel & no longer b afraid.

If you are not sure don't be in a hurry. Let him get mad at you. He doesn't own you. You have the right to make your own decision. You are too young.

Too early to get married, you'll get tired of each other

Source(s): I am 49 divorced