Will I be able to hook up 3 monitors to a single graphics card with this?

Hello, I just received my third 22 inch monitor in the mail. I already have 2 monitors connected through the 2 DVI ports on my graphics card. There are 2 open mini displayport ports and an open HDMI port. I tried connecting my third monitor through HDMI and it wouldn't let me display my three monitors at the same time. It was only allowing 2 at once. So I contacted my computer company. "ibuypower" They suggested that I use a displayport adapter to HDMI active converter, then it should work. So I just order this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

Should this work for me?

• Proto
    Favorite Answer

It will work if your graphics card is a model that support triple displays, like AMD's "Flex" cards.

Cards which have the Displayport interface can usually drive 3 monitors, the restriction is that one of the monitors must be connected via displayport.

So if your monitor doesn't have a displayport connector, the active converter would work to utilize DVI or HDMI on the monitor side.

• Hamish

Yep.

Graphics cards dont allow you to run the 2 DVI with the HDMI.

• luby

are you able to? specific, definitely. might you sport on it? according to risk, you will no longer get sufficient overall performance out of that card to play severe-load video games on 3 HD laptop screen contraptions, yet you may with maximum video games.