Light skin blacks vs. Dark Skin Blacks..!?

Ok, so recent study's have shown some disturbing results. It showed that on average, lighter skinned African-Americans get 12% less jail time than their dark skinned counterparts for committing the same crime. Also it shows that a light skin black man with a Bachelors degree has a higher chance of getting a job than a dark skin black man with an MBA and past managerial positions. It also says that light skin black people earn on average 13% than a dark skin black person for the same exact job. Why is this and what is this racism based off of color!?

Favorite Answer

You needed a study to know about this? Who is your president? A dark skinned or light skinned black?

I was just on my facebook and this girl who is my friend on there is a light skin girl and she was talking about how dark skin girls shouldn't wear lip stick, but she isn't that pretty herself. That shows you what type of problem is in the black community. There is to much of this light skin dark skin thing thats happening nowadays that ruining black people. Im brown skin and i think that it is silly that people always want to categorize someones skin tone.

Source(s): I love being Black!

Does easy pores and skin blacks have it much less complicated than darkish pores and skin black?on occasion they do yet no longer continually. because of the assumption of white supremacy some human beings see lighter pores and skin as being closer to white yet on the comparable time the black community on occasion hates on easy skinned guy or woman. Do black adult adult males want easy pores and skin black women persons over darkish skinned women persons? i for my area do no longer comprehend because of the fact an excellent form of the adult adult males I even have dated have been white, a pair have been asian yet very few have been black. perhaps the clarification that i've got not dated black adult adult males is as a results of the fact my pores and skin tone isn't inevitably easy. in case you had a call could you fairly be easy skinned or darkish skinned? i could fairly be any tone that would supply me a good pores and skin tone(which i for my area don't have. My pores and skin tone regularly stages from the darker part of sunshine skinned to average tone so i think easy skinned because of the fact i'm greater used to that skinned tone. yet on the comparable time maximum persons(fairly non blacks) are greater in all danger to compliment a captivating darkish skinned lady than a captivating easy skinned lady because of the fact they anticipate it much less and for my area darker pores and skin is greater extraordinarily.

• Because in the mind of White society, light skin equals more White blood. It use to be like this back during Jim Crow and slavery, I think people are out of their mind when they think this stopped when segregation stopped.

Don't feed into this divide either.

This country is still very racist and focused on skin color.

It's been going on for generations but it's nothing today like it was decades ago.

Source(s): A good question posts links when quoting statistics
  • Ignorant people do that.

lighter color is considered to be universally more attractive....and this affects EVERYTHING.......that's just how things are, doesn't mean there is something wrong with it.......... it is what it is......... i bet you are more attracted to beautiful girls/women (if you are a guy) than ugly ones....... why are you so discriminatory?

same crap........it's fine

NO JUST NO

legit sources or it didn't happen