Should I bother pursuing relationship with my ex?

I wanted to get someone else's perspective on this.

Me and her dated for almost 2 years. We eventually separated - mostly her moving away emotionally than me. We didn't break up like many do - we didn't tell each other "its over" or "i am breaking up with you"....we just slowly moved away. I think I loved and cared for her more than she did for me. But she was going through terrible depression then for loss of a loved family member and that had a big impact on our relationship.

I then moved to another city and haven't dated for last 3 years. I am now finally coming out of it and ready to commit. I am looking to find the right person and settle down.

She moved to another city too but has been lonely. We have been on phone touch for last 1.5 years. She is starting to believe I was the best thing that happened to her. And I believe the same too.

Now she wants to "try" the relationship again. She wants to come and visit me and stay with me.

I am not the kind of guy who'd screw around. I am afraid of getting back in the relationship with her. But with what I am going through with my health, I sometimes feel she is the right person.

What the heck am I supposed to do?!!!!

No. But, do it anyway and see what happens.