Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Do you think the GOP has the guts to try and impeach Obama?

Because I'm betting they don't.

• Katz22
    Favorite Answer

Yes I do. If they can find anything at all to justify impeachment I think they would try. They have been ruthless in their endeavor to oust Obama out of the presidency. So far they have tried every trick in the book and I think they will continue with their plan.

Oh yeah they do. But the Democrats control the senate which is where the actual Impeachment trial actually takes place. So there would be no point in trying since the senate would never allow him to be impeached.

Obama won last elections by a landslide... it wasn't even a close call. If you want to impeach such a popular person, you need heck of a good reason for your gestures to be politically legitimate because his supporting basis is much too broad.

Besides, a party rarely acts as a kamikaze: if they can't benefit from that move, they won't do it -- and the polls, the elections and the last years show that they are not in a position to benefit from it.

In a Senate controlled by Democrats any impeachment is impossible. After Clinton we already know the answer to the question about "guts".

• Bill

There are no grounds for impeachment what so ever.

I say bring it on and they will look like the @ssholes they really are..

i hate to bring race into this but how bad does it look to impeach the first black president for no reason.

They have the guts to question Benghazi. They don't need to impeach Obama, he will impeach himself if Benghazi s revealed to the people

• mark

I used to think it was impossible for a stupid person to work his/her way to a congressional seat. I figured, somewhere along the way, their stupidity would come out. And then we elected the 112th and 113th congress.

These guys could do anything. No limits to the stupidity

What would be the point? By the time it happened it'd be time for the next election.

Sure, why not continue the political circus?