Sucrose (C12H22O11) hydrolyzes into glucose and fructose. The hydrolysis is a first-order reaction. The half-l?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Skip
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry, your question is incomplete. At a minimum, the solvent and catalyst are needed. This reaction is typically acid-catalyzed, but in nature it is enzyme-catalyzed (zeroth order). The order of the reaction depends on the mechanism, which depends on the catalyst and solvent.

• 4 years ago

hydrolysis is even as water is further to interrupt one thing into smaller items hydro - water lysis - ruin aside An O interior of the sucrose in all likelihood attaches to the H of the H2O, even as this takes position, the O will possibly detach from the distinct atom that the O replaced into connected to (in all likelihood a C). This leaves the OH of the H2O to connect with the unattached end of the molecule consequently splitting it into 2 areas. One part has the OH from the H2O, the distinct has the H. EX: sucrose-(ho) + hoh --> sucrose-(ho)hoh --> glucose-h + fructose-oh (no longer announcing that i'm positive which sugar receives which part of the h2o, it is merely an instance) for explanation, the (ho) is a factor of the sucrose molecule, no longer a separate piece, it is merely no longer user-friendly to write down making use of text textile; additionally the (ho) interior of the superb result's a factor of the glucose molecule, so it is no longer shown; the h and oh striking off of glucose and fructose are additionally part of the sugars, no longer merely exess items condensation may include the elimination of water, so if you have been to positioned fructose and glucose returned mutually to get hold of sucrose, it could be a condensation because of the very fact the OH from one and an H from the distinct may could be got rid of to ensure that them to in good shape returned mutually, H and OH are not incredibly sturdy in order that they may come mutually to form HOH until eventually now it may even depart the unique molecule EX: Glucose-h + fructose-oh --> glucose*h-oh*fructose--> sucrose + HOH (* exhibits a partial bond) woo i'm hoping I helped! :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.