Most Racist Presidents?

Rank the Top 5 Racist Presidents in USA and why.

Don't include Barack Obama, that just takes away the meaning and significance of the word "racism" - which is disgusting.

Favorite Answer

If you won't include Obama, you're not making an honest list. What's your point?

• Erika

Racist Presidents

I'm assuming your question is this: Many people feel that Obama will favor black people more so than white people. If this is the case, then why is that bad, considering all the presidents before now have been white and favored whites above blacks. So white people can only dish it out; they can't take it? Given that question, I can answer. Racism is wrong. Who gives a sh*t whether it is from or to a white or a black; the fact of the matter is that skin color matters about as much as duct tape on a space shuttle. If america could get past the skin color and pay attention to actual issues, than this would be a helluva better country to live in. That being said, I'm still voting for Hillary. In my ideal world, Hillary will win the nomination, and take Obama as a vice president. He has amazing potential, and I think that if he is given a chance to see the inside of the presidency for 8 years before he himself gets his hands on it, then when his time comes around he will be fantastic. Under this wonderful dream of mine, the US will go through 16 years of bliss. I DO like Obama, I really do. But Hillary has a good point in that he is simply inexperienced. On a side note, I'm pissed off at Hillary's campaign; stop attacking Obama, that's why the numbers are falling. I think that Obama is going to win the nomination, in which case he has a good shot at the office. However, I think that then he will merely be the first black president, as opposed to one of the best presidents ever, who happened to ALSO be the first black president. Justin

Pre-1900, I'd probably say Andrew Jackson. It's a tough one here since such racism was prevalent and slavery was one of those things that was either supported or "meh". It'd be easier to find the least racist President. However Jackson had the Indian Removal on him as well as the slave-holding on him.

Pre-1964: Woodrow Wilson for re-segregating the forces and his revisionist history vilifying Reconstruction.

Post-1964 and it's a toss-up between Ronald Reagan (For the Welfare Queen bullshit,which he really just made up and his comment about how the 1965 Voting Rights Act was humiliating ) or Richard Nixon

(That blacks and Jews comment ), both of them used The Southern Strategy.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Most Racist Presidents?

Source(s): racist presidents: https://shortly.im/Atkn1

1. Andrew Johnson - having been handed the presidency following Lincoln's assassination, Johnson did everything he could to reverse the victory of the Civil War and keep blacks oppressed and disenfranchised. Had the president who followed Lincoln actually followed onward with Lincoln's ideals, one can only imagine how many racist horrors might have been avoided in the post-Civil War South.

2. Woodrow Wilson - segregated the entire Federal Government and the military. His favorite movie was Birth of a Nation - D. W. Griffith's loving tribute to the Ku Klux Klan.

3. Franklin D. Roosevelt - rounded up over 110,000 Japanese-Americans and imprisoned them in concentration camps for no other crime other than their ethnicity. Even taking into account how hard America had been hit with the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, the Internment of Japanese Americans was the most racist Executive Order any president has ever enacted.

4. Andrew "Trail of Tears" Jackson

tied for 5th - Franklin Pierce - overturned the Missouri Compromise of 1820 with its prohibition of slavery in the northern districts of the Lousiana Purchase. His pro-slavery actions were so egregious, he helped to unite abolitionists in creating the Republican Party.

5. Barack Obama - given a unique chance to unite the nation in a way no other American president has been given, instead, Obama spent his entire presidency focused on the politics of division. His re-election strategy consisted of breaking America down into small constituencies and then collecting votes by pitting one group of Americans against another. In one very telling quote, he once encouraged his supporters to get out and vote to "punish our enemies" (i.e., fellow Americans who dared to support the other candidate.)

• 1: Barack Obama. What you say about him not being racist is absolute bull-s**t. The man plays the divisive game of race warfare every day, touting his nonsense about "white privilege", acting like every white man is an entitled, rich little s**t, blissfully unaware of how untrue that is and how hypocritical such a mindset is when he's well within the %1 of America and enjoying every moment of it.

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, and that's just the nature of race in our society." --Barack Obama, 2008

2: Harry S. Truman

''I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a n*gger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a white from dust, a black from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman.'' --Harry Truman, 1913

3: Lyndon B. Johnson

"I'll have those blacks voting Democratic for the next 200 years''. --Lyndon B. Johnson, 1964

4: Andrew Jackson

"After a harassing warfare, prolonged by the nature of the country and by the difficulty of procuring subsistence, the Indians were entirely defeated, and the disaffected band dispersed or destroyed. Severe as is the lesson to the Indians, it was rendered necessary by their unprovoked aggressions, and it is to be hoped that its impression will be permanent and salutary." --Andrew Jackson, 1832

5. Theodore Roosevelt

''Society has no business to permit degenerates to reproduce their kind....Some day we will realize that the prime duty, the inescapable duty of the good citizens of the right type is to leave his or her blood behind him in the world; and that we have no business to permit the perpetuation of citizens of the wrong type.'' --Theodore Roosevelt, 1913

Source(s): Racism works both ways.
  • ?

I am not going to include anyone. Regardless of their views and attempts to help themselves and not consider those that are under their jurisdiction or those who have supported them, they were still all of our representatives. Their personal feelings should remain absent from political affairs that govern us as a whole society. I know they don't, but we have to defend our own. Our nation is weak because of the tension between differences and party affiliation and some are just power hungry without consideration of the overall mess that our nation is under...Somewhere it has to stop.

Woodrow Wilson. He segregated everything because he felt it was compassionate to eliminate the friction of race differences by removing the opportunities of friction.

Jefferson Davis

President of the Confederate States of America.

Truman by far