Was Jodi Arias trial, most stupid trial in history?...?

I mean outside of the 'OJ Trial Fiasco' of the 1990's......

So,....facts...please correct me if I'm wrong....

She was accused of murdering her boyfriend....she admitted she killed him, and they were totally alone together and no one else was there..... but she claimed 'self defense'.....

The guy was stabbed.... 19 times.... in the back..... while he was alone naked.... in a shower stall!....right? 10 more times in the front, then his neck was slashed almost to decapitate him, and he was shot through the forehead with a pistol....and....the accused (Jodi) took digital video/ photo's of herself doing all of it....(and tried to erase them) but they were presented in court.

I'm in the NE USA ....This was a ....domestic homicide....where one partner....very violently and without immediate cause (or any presentation of cause at trial)...murdered...their domestic partner....when he was alone naked in the shower and stabbed him 19 times in the back and took photo's.

And the.....4 month trial.....was about.....WHAT?....We knew the above going in.

What was the purpose of the media trial of Jodi Arias....obviously....boring...guilty...from the start?

Favorite Answer

It's Called "Enter-tain-ment"

[begin quote]

Entertain comes from Medieval Latin intertenere "to hold inside", from inter- "inside" + tenere "to hold". The Indo-European root of tenere is ten- "to stretch". The change in meaning from "stretch" to "hold" presumably occurred as one has to "hold" something in order to "stretch" it. When the word entered English from French in the late 15th century, it meant "to maintain, to keep up". By Shakespeare's time, the word had acquired a meaning of "engage or keep the attention of a person": "I thinke the best way were, to entertaine him with hope" (from Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor, 1598). Sir Francis Bacon used the word in 1626 to mean "to amuse": "All this to entertain the Imagination that it waiver less". It is that meaning which seems to have stuck, though we also find the word used in such phrases as "I will entertain the suggestion of...", etc.; that usage arose in the early 17th century.

[end quote]

• So exactly what did YOU expect to happen? That the prosecution would simply declare her guilty? What exactly do you think the purpose of a trial is?

Why any of you idiots would waste your lives watching a trial such as this is quite frankly, f little interest to me.