How to convince my mom to let me see my girlfriend?

My girlfriend and I are in a long distance relationship, I'm 14, she is 15. I want to go see her this summer, I would pay for all costs. But my mom has before said 'I can't talk to people I never met' yes this would be the first time seeing her. I would be staying there with her, and her 30 year old sister, who would talk to my mom.but I need to know how I can convince/get a yes from my mom to allow this. Help?

Yes, I know who she is. We Skype every few days a week. And I call her every night. As well as I've talked to her friends. She has talked to mine

Favorite Answer

Not the answer your looking for but:

You totally shouldn't go. When meeting people from online always go to an area your aware of AND never go alone with them to any place. Love yourself enough to take precautions ... how can you love anyone if you first can't love and take care of yourself enough to take those precautions?

You are a minor, thereby you are the legal responsibility of your mother. You are not the responsibility of some people, not related to you, that live far away from you, and are virtually unknown to your mom. Granted I understand your desire and drive behind it all. But you are seriously getting yourself into a situation that you are by far way too young to handle. You may think you know "everything" there is to know in order to "justify" your insane request of "visiting" your girlfriend. . . but you seriously do not know all of the facts and factors that really pertain to the overall situation. Make different arrangements, such as you and your mom meet girlfriend and her sister at some in between location. Spend the weekend together. Then see where things go in the future.

How do you get to know people if you never get to meet them? That's like saying the only people you can date live in your town and no one anywhere else exists. I think what she really means is that SHE doesn't know the girl.

I hate to play the age card, but I'm going to say that if your mom is not onboard with you going on a trip to see her then either she'll have to come to see you or you will have to wait a bit until you're able to drive yourself. Perhaps there's some way you guys could meet in the middle? In any case it does sound like you're going to have to sit tight until she's not able to prevent you from going on your own.

Your mom has the right to not trust these people for you to stay with. You may mot even know how they really are. I would try and get to know her better in person and then start thinking about staying with her, because you may not actually know how she is in person or if it really is actually her. And what if you were to go down there and end up not getting a long and then having to stay there for a few days. That'd be bad right?

14??????? there is no way your mom would let you stay with a 15 year old girl during the summer! way too young! 30 years old is still very young and not completely mature. you could wait till your 20 er somthing! but ur mom is right ! how do you know she isnt a lunatic or a guy for all you know!

First of all, make SURE this person is not an online predator. Have you seen her face? Have you heard her voice?

Prove her identity to your mom as well and that should help.

Source(s): My mind
  • John

Stay at home with your wise mother.